Monday, February 21, 2011

Randomness at its best!

So... Brea 8k is this Sunday.  I am stoked.  I would be more stoked if I hadn't recently taken 3 weeks off from running due to walking penumonia.  But, I did a good 4.17 mile run yesterday- which I feel is a good basis for the short 4.9 mile race.  I'm just gonna cruise.  The weather is supposed to be cool and crisp... just the way I like it!! 

While I was at the gym yesterday I realized, once again, how dumb some men can be.  I found a treadmill, pushed start, and started walking while I got my ipod ready.  Once the "running" list was blaring in my ears, I cranked the speed up to 6.3 mph. 
As I started running, the guy next to me looked over at me.  I think he decided it was time to race.  He turned up his speed to 6.3.  I turned mine up a little bit.  So did he.  I added some incline.  So did he.  Then he took it off.  This went on for about 15 min. 
Then, the boy SLAMMED his hand onto the emergency stop button.  There he stood, hunched over, gasping for air.  He didn't look good. 
I paused my run and asked him if he was okay.  His response... "Of COURSE I am!!  Just got a cramp.  No big deal!"  I said "ok" and started my run again.  Once home boy caught his breathe and his "cramp" went away he started running again. 
Eventually I finished my run and stopped the treadmill.  As I was wiping down the machine and getting my stuff together- this guy stopped me and asked how far I went... "4.17 miles," I said.  He said... "Oh... you barely beat me!!"  I looked at his machine... 2.12 miles.  Yep.  I barely beat you.  Good job. 

San Diego next week for a few days.  Going to attempt to go whale watching... remember to pack the Dramamine...

I had an amazing massage about a week ago.  It was wonderful.  The end. 

I saw a girl walking her cat on a leash this weekend.  The cat was wearing a hat with an umbrella on it.  It was awesome. 

Some things should not be discussed at work ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment